Desired Results of Students
As stewards of God’s ministry, we the Board of Statesville Christian School, acknowledging the sovereignty of God, recognizing the responsibility that students bear, and aware that apart from God we can do nothing, hold forth that our graduates are well prepared academically, are well prepared biblically, and that our graduates live and espouse the Biblical worldview as they engage the world for Christ.
Well prepared academically:
- Exceptional in language studies, reading, writing, communications, listening, humanities and critical thinking.
- Exceptional in mathematics and the sciences.
- Exceptional in their understanding and knowledge of history, peoples, events and cultures in the context of God’s sovereignty.
- Appreciative of literature and the arts, both classical and Christian as well as understanding how they express and shape beliefs and values.
- Possessing a Godly understanding of languages and cultures of other peoples.
- Possessing a Godly joy in learning.
- Skilled in asking questions, solving problems and making Godly decisions.
Well prepared Biblically to:
- Commit to a personal relationship to God through acceptance of His Son Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- Understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God.
- Articulate and defend their faith and Christian Worldview while understanding opposing worldviews.
- Know, understand, and apply God’s Word in their daily life.
- Be confronted with and respond to competent Bible teachers and Biblical integration in each taught discipline.
- Be challenged to be a Christian role model to those they live, work and worship with and to those they serve.
- Treat their bodies as the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
Well prepared to live and espouse the Biblical Worldview by:
- Possessing apologetic skills with the purpose to defend and promote their faith.
- Being empowered by the Holy Spirit to pursue and be a witness in the world by a life of faith, goodness, knowledge, self control, perseverance, Godliness, brotherly kindness, and love as stated in II Peter 1:5-8, as we serve our earthly leaders and pursue our God given missions.
- Understanding, valuing and engaging in appropriate social and civic activities from a Christian perspective, (Worldview).
- Understanding the value of be actively involved through a church community in serving God, others and society at large.
- Embracing and practicing justice, mercy, and peacemaking in family, community and all of society.
- Valuing intellectual inquiry and actually engaging in the marketplace of open and honest ideas.
Well prepared to engage the world socially by:
- Respecting and relating appropriately with integrity to those with whom they work, play, and live.
- Acquiring an appreciation for the natural environment and practicing responsible stewardship of God’s creation.
- Applying the principles of healthy, moral family living, promoting God’s design in society for marriage and the family dynamic.
- Being good stewards of finances, time, including discretionary time, and other God-given resources.
- Understanding that work has dignity and is an expression of the nature of God.
- Desiring to promote and support, tangibly and intangibly, Christian Education as a social calling in God’s Providence. (Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.)