Since 1995 Statesville Christian School has sought to provide a Christian-based educational opportunity to the families of Iredell County and other contiguous communities within reasonable travel distances.
The purpose of Tuition Assistance is to expand the number of families who enroll their children at SCS, who may not have the fiscal capacity to pay full tuition. Using the FACTS system for determining eligibility, a committee consisting of the Head of School, Finance Director, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, two additional Board of Trustees members, and the Upper-School Principal, will make all decisions related to the awarding of financial aid. Our decisions will be guided by a desire to apportion available funds across as many families as possible, which may limit the size of the award to individual families, but will increase the collective impact of the tuition assistance program across more families. We believe this will increase
enrollment and retention of families.
Awards will be made based on available funding, aggregate total of assistance needed as determined by FACTS, and a proportionate percentage of awards that are deemed most equitable and fair by the committee. Consideration will include all sources of assistance including the NC Opportunity Scholarship, as well as the overall financial condition of the applying families determined by the most recent tax returns, W-2 forms, and any other financial information
accessible to the committee. Total assistance will be capped at 75 percent maximum, thus all families will be expected to provide a minimum of 25 percent of the tuition costs from their personal resources. In most cases, the total award we provide from tuition assistance for qualifying families will not exceed 25 percent of the tuition costs.
Tuition assistance is for one year only and families must reapply each year for consideration. Students must remain in good standing or tuition assistance may be forfeited. While our goal is to extend as much assistance as possible to maximize opportunities for families, we must remain fiscally responsible in paying our staff and operational obligations that are necessary to maintain the school. Thus, we must balance our desire to provide assistance with the need for a reasonable operating budget that keeps the school fiscally sound.
Tuition Assistance Procedures
New Families should adhere to the following timeline for consideration of acceptance, enrollment, and requesting financial aid:
1) The window of opportunity for enrollment and financial aid begins on March 1, 2020.
2) Applications for tuition assistance are accepted beginning
March 1. The request for financial assistance is made through an application using FACTS. This is accessed during the enrollment process when completing the FACTS tuition agreement. There is
an option on the FACTS page to start an application for tuition assistance.
3) Applications for financial assistance received after May 1 will be considered, but financial aid resources will be limited to a smaller pool of funds held for late submissions.
4) Tuition Awards are determined by the committee from April 6-9, 2020 and award letters or non-award letters will be mailed by April 27, 2020.
5) Your signed acceptance letters are due in the financial office by May 8, 2020, so that tuition agreements can be created by the finance office.
6) Any family wishing to appeal the decision of the committee can write a letter expressing their reasons for additional consideration. The letter should be sent to the Tuition Assistance Committee in care of the Head of School no later than May 1, 2020.
Returning families should adhere to the following timeline for re-enrollment and requesting financial assistance:
1) Automatic reenrollment will occur on February 17, 2020, for current families.
2) Applications for tuition assistance are accepted beginning February 1 and closes April 3, 2020. The request for financial assistance is made through an application using FACTSMGT.com. There is an option on the FACTS page to start an application for
3) FACTS will charge a $35 processing fee to finalize the tuition assistance application.
4) Tuition Assistance awards will be determined by the committee from April 6-9, 2020 and award letters or non-award letters will be mailed by April 27, 2020.
5) Your signed acceptance letter for the tuition assistance is due in the financial office by May 8, 2020, so that tuition agreements can be finalized by the finance manager.
6) Any family wishing to appeal the decision of the committee can write a letter expressing their reasons for additional consideration. The letter should be sent to the Tuition Assistance Committee in care of the Head of School no later than Friday, May 1, 2020.