The Opportunity Scholarship is a program that helps families who make below a certain amount of income pay tuition at participating nonpublic (private) schools.
- Covers tuition and fees
- Awards up to $5,928 per year
Do I qualify?
All of the following are required. Visit Interested to learn more about eligibility requirements:
- My family meets the income requirements
- My child will be at least 5 years old by August 31 or at least 4 by April 16 (and will be approved for kindergarten by the private school administrator)
- My child lives in North Carolina
- My child has not graduated high school
- My child has not enrolled in a post-secondary institution full time
The application will open on February 1, 2022.
Need More Information?
Choose from one of the following:
Learn how to apply
Find out next steps after getting a scholarship for the first time
Download forms and get help managing your current scholarship
Please note: Important Updates for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years.